Students are offered hands-on research projects related to extracting, managing, retrieving, and visualizing information from the Web and other sources for use cases such as plagiarism detection, literature recommendation, news analysis or other applied research problems.
For specific project announcements visit:
All projects are open to bachelor and master students alike and can be completed as a BA/MA project, a BA/MA thesis, or ideally as a consecutive combination of seminar, project, and thesis. We will adjust the expectations and workload accordingly. Group projects are possible.
Students will train and demonstrate essential skills required for independent research such as:
- finding, organizing, and systematically reading relevant research papers
- analyzing, comparing, and contrasting research approaches and findings
- developing research approaches
- managing a comprehensive project
- designing and implementing a novel method or system
- conducting performance evaluations
- structuring, writing, and formating an academic paper
- presenting tehir research using appropriate presentation techniques and presentation aids
- answering questions and discussing their work with peers