This lecture addresses master students of Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science with strong background in solid state physics. In this lecture I will introduce organic, hybrid and perovskite solar cells, including device physics and fabrication issues. A comparison with conventional solar cells will be given and the specialties of these emerging solar cells technologies are emphasized.
The lecture will contain following topics:
- Introduction to Organic Semiconductors and Semiconductor Junctions
- Working Mechanisms of Organic, Hybrid and Perovskite Solar Cells
- Architectures of Organic and Hybrid Solar Cells (All-organic Solar Cells, Dye-sensitized Solar Cells, Hybrid Solar Cells, Perovskite Solar Cells)
- Characterization Techniques
- Fabrication and Device Lifetime