This is not an advanced course. It can only be recognized as a key qualification (SQ).
This course offers an introduction into scientific practices for students, especially targeted at the subject of computer science. The main goal is to aid students face the challenges of undergraduate studies and research.
We will discuss a broad spectrum of questions:
• What is expected of a master student and how to meet these expectations?
• Which tools and tasks should you be comfortable with?
• How to find and read computer science literature?
• How to write theses?
• What is plagiarism and how to avoid it?
• How to design good diagrams?
• How to prepare effective oral presentations?
• How to perform experiments in computer science?