Steps and Rules (more info: http://phobos101.inf.uni-konstanz.de/15ss-benchmarking )
- You will be challenged to build an online music information system such as http://www.discogs.com.
- A dataset (~ 18 GB of XML data) about music (i.e., phonograph records) is provided.
- Choose your favorite system (NoSQL, relational) and start engineering.
- You are expected to work in teams of two. The seminar is limited to at max 10 teams.
- You will present your intermediate and final results during the next weeks.
Database Stores (exemplary, we are open to suggestions)
- NoSQL (JSON): MongoDB, Couchbase, CouchDB, RethinkDB, OrientDB, SequoiaDB, AmisaDB
- Relational (tabular): PostgreSQL, HSQLDB, Apache Derby